The Teal Limited incorporates smoother linework with a concept of Oriental tiles and stained glass. The color teal signifies water droplets creating ripples through the smooth surface of a pond, with the silver being the shimmer of ripples conjoining. With enough imagination, one could see the back design of the Teal edition as a scene from an afternoon sprinkle on a small pond in the middle of a forest. The foil only makes this daydream easier.
Following the tradition of my creations, the courts use simple lines to sketch out the facial feature of the characters. But with a simple touch of thick and thin within the lines, the characters pop with more personality. The clothings are not shabby at all either, again with blocky color patches and gradients, the traditional courts are rendered more classy and modern. Although the courts maintain the traditional frame, each character has either an item, a weapon, or a sleeve that breaks the borders. After all, margins are made for trespassing, aren’t they?
- LIMITED EDITION of 1000 decks
- This deck will never be re-printed with foil on the cards
- Printed by Cartamundi on premium true linen B9 slimline stock
- COLD FOIL on both sides of the cards
- Boxes printed by Cartamundi with cold foil
- 52 cards, two Jokers, and two double backers (one with the Purple back design)
- Designed by Montenzi in 2022